Admission Requirements for Utica ABSN Programs
Our admission representatives can assist you with any questions you may have about our program and determine your eligibility for the Utica ABSN program as well as any prerequisite courses you may need to complete. He or she will also help you navigate the pre-enrollment process once you meet our admission requirements and feel ready to apply to the program.
ABSN Academic Background and Requirements
You must have some non-nursing college experience and a solid academic background to start the admission process. And your program eligibility also depends upon your completion of the ABSN prerequisites.
Academic Background Requirements
Eligible applicants for the Utica ABSN program must have one of the following academic backgrounds:
- A minimum of 65 credits from a regionally accredited college or university (at least 57 of these credits must be from a 4-year regionally accredited college or university)
- A non-nursing bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- A conferred associate degree from a regionally accredited institution
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- 2.8 cumulative GPA with 3.0 GPA in the sciences.
- 60 credit hours in liberal arts courses, including the prerequisites.
- Science prerequisites must be completed with a 3.0 overall GPA.
- All 4 courses (and the associated labs) must have been taken in the last 10 years. The lab must also be connected to the course. Any course under a C must be re-taken through PREP. The lab grade must also be a C or better.
- Grade of ‘C’ or better in General Prerequisites
Degrees Obtained Outside the United States
If you obtained your non-nursing bachelor’s degree from a college or university that is located outside of the United States, you may still qualify for our ABSN program. Please contact our admission team at 866.890.9340 to find out.
Please be aware that while we can perform an initial review of your qualifications using your foreign transcript evaluation and other documentation, a course-by-course degree evaluation from the World Education Services is the only way for us to officially determine your eligibility.
If you are a prospective student who maintains a permanent residence outside the U.S., you must also meet a series of international admission requirements and submit additional materials before you can apply to our ABSN program.
Contact us to learn more about the admission requirements for our ABSN program.
The Ultimate Nursing School Admissions Checklist
Ready for nursing school but stressed about applying? We recommend downloading our free admissions checklist to learn the important ins and outs of applying to accelerated nursing school.