Admission Requirements for International Students
NOTE: The Utica College ABSN program is currently accepting international students at our Syracuse and St. Petersburg program sites. We currently are not able to accept international students at our Miramar location.
If you are a prospective student who maintains permanent residence outside the U.S., you must also meet a series of international admissions requirements and submit additional materials before you can apply to our ABSN program. Upon completion of the online portion of your application, an ABSN admissions representative can help you gather and complete the following documents:
- Official school transcripts of all secondary and post-secondary academic work, along with an explanation of the grading system (in English)
- Tests of English language proficiency, if English is not your first language. Utica College requires one of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 550 written, 213 computer-based, 79-80 internet-based;
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0; or
- Duolingo English Test (DET) score of 60
- One letter of recommendation
- Official exam results for school finishing or leaving examinations
- Copy of passport
Additionally, Utica College cannot issue you the immigration documents necessary to obtain your visa until we receive the following additional completed documents:
- International Student Data Sheet
- International Student Certification of Finances form
- A signed letter from a bank official stating enough funds (at least $60,375) exist to cover the total cost of attendance
Although not required, for faster processing we suggest submitting these documents with your completed application.