Admissions Overview for Utica ABSN Program and the Transfer BSN Program Pathway
When accepting students into our program, we seek dedicated, passionate individuals who not only meet the academic requirements but also have the qualities that embody the true spirit of nursing—which is why we do not solely rely on GPA when determining someone’s potential.
Our nursing school faculty carefully evaluates the qualifications of each applicant before making the final decision as to who gets into our programs.
To be eligible for the Utica ABSN program or the transfer program, you must:
- Satisfy the academic background requirements.
- Meet the 2.8 GPA and academic requirements.
- Complete the required degree requirement courses (formerly called prerequisites).
Ready to get started? Find out how to take your first steps toward a nursing future with this free downloadable admissions checklist.
ABSN Enrollment Schedule
Both our ABSN program and Transfer BSN program pathway are for motivated individuals who want to quickly transition into a nursing career. Our enrollment schedule offers program starts in January, May, and August, with applications typically due two months before each respective start date.
Champions of higher learning, our admissions representatives, who work exclusively with nursing students, are readily available to answer your questions and discuss the ABSN program or the Transfer BSN program requirements.
Our admissions team is here to help you:
- Determine your enrollment eligibility and discuss your education goals.
- Develop an academic plan targeted toward your program start date.
- Stay on track during the admissions and application processes.
Support from Success Coaches
Once you are admitted into our ABSN program or Transfer BSN program pathway, you will transition from working with your admissions representative to working with an academic success coach. Your success coach will act as your personal advocate and help you navigate any issues you encounter throughout the 16-month program. It will be his or her job to not only prepare you for any potential obstacles, but also provide solutions that can help ensure your success.
Contact us to learn more about our Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing admissions requirements and process.
Your success coach can assist you by:
- Coordinating tutoring sessions to help you better understand the subject matter.
- Creating a personalized academic plan to help you manage your coursework.
- Having one-on-one sessions to discuss any academic, personal, or professional issues you may face.