Why Study Nursing in Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay is a great place to study nursing. Not only does our ABSN program have the capacity to enroll a higher number of qualified students than many nursing schools, the area itself has one of the highest employment levels for nurses.
State Nursing Stats
- Nearly 350,000 people in the greater Tampa Bay area work in health care
- Currently, 44 percent of nurses are over the age of 50 and expected to retire in the next 5-10 years.
- The Florida Center for Nursing showed 12,493 vacant registered nursing positions in 2016.
- In the state of Florida, 86 percent of licensed RNs are employed in the nursing workforce.
- More than 70 percent of hospitals preferentially hire new baccalaureate-prepared nurses.