Eligibility for the Second-Degree ABSN in New York
Our second-degree Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program in New York is for motivated individuals who want to quickly transition into the field of nursing. The eligibility requirements for Utica ABSN are as follows:
- 2.8 cumulative GPA with 3.0 GPA in the sciences.
- Non-nursing bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- 60 credit hours in liberal arts courses, including the pre-requisites
- Science prerequisites must be completed with a 3.0 overall GPA.
- All 4 courses (and the associated labs) must have been taken in the last 10 years. The lab must also be connected to the course. Any course under a C must be re-taken through PREP. The lab grade must also be a C or better.
- Grade of ‘C’ or better in General Prerequisites
Still have questions about our admissions requirements? Find the answers you need in our free Ultimate Nursing School Admissions Checklist.